Admission! Admission!! Admissions!!!
| KWARARAFA UNIVERSITY, WUKARI
|PMB 1019 WUKARI, TARABA STATE NIGERIA
|OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
Kwararafa University Wukari (KUW), founded in 2005 is a community owned and promoted institution of higher learning licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
It offers 15 programmes at the Undergraduate level and operates three (3) Colleges, namely, Social and Management Sciences, Natural and Applied Sciences and Education.
All the programmes are accredited by the National Universities Commission. It also has two (2) Centres and a Post-Graduate School is being planned.
It aims at being one of the leading tertiary education providers and a research-led University, which responds to the developmental needs of the community.
FULLY ACCREDITED COURSES
COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- B.Sc Accounting
- B.Sc Economics
- B.Sc Business Administration
- B.Sc Political Science and International Relations
- B.Sc Public Administration
- B.Sc Sociology
- B.Sc Criminology and Security Studies
- B.Sc Mass Communication
- B.Sc Geography
COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCE
- B.Sc Biology
- B.Sc Computer Science
- B.Sc Statistics
COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
- B.Ed Educational Management
- B.Ed Guidance and Counselling
- B.Ed Human Kinetics and Health Education
Admissions into Kwararafa University, Wukari is open to all, irrespective of race, tribe, religion, sex or political leanings.
Prospective students must satisfy all College and Departmental requirements in addition to the following general requirements:
Admissions through the UTME
For admission to 100 level, candidates must possess five (5) credit passes at Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), GCE, NECO or
equivalent in relevant subjects in not more than two sittings; and obtain a score of 140 and above in the Unified Tertiary
- University shall insist on possession of credit passes in English Language and Mathematics for all categories of students.
- The University shall also conduct post JAMB screening to ensure that only the best students are admitted. In addition to the general admission requirements stated above, a candidate must meet specific departmental requirements
Admission through Direct Entry mode
Into 300 level
- For admission to 200 level, candidates must possess five (5) passes at credit level (including English Language) at Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), GCE, NECO or equivalent in relevant subjects in not more than two sittings.
- In addition to the above, candidates should have at least two advanced level passes in the General Certificate of Education examination in relevant subjects, or
- Ordinary National Diploma with credit level or Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE) with Credit level.
- Passes in two IJMB/JUPEB courses out of the three
Candidates with HND, or third class degree can apply for admission into 300 level
Kwararafa University also offers the Interim Joint Matriculations Board (IJMB) programme. It is a nationally recognized one year programme which offers successful candidates the opportunity of gaining Direct entry (200 level) admission into any of the Universities
The entry requirements for IJMB
For admission to IJMB, a candidates must possess four(4) credit passes at Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE), GCE, NECO or equivalent in relevant subjects in not more than two sittings.
The subjects offered at IJMB include: Lit. in English, History, CRK, Government, Economics, Business Studies, Accounting, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Geography, Agricultural Science, among others.
A combination of any 3 subjects grants admission to study for degrees in:
- The Natural Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Agricultural Science
- Social and Management Sciences
Method of Application
Application for IJMB programmes. Forms are obtained for the sum of N7,000 seven thousand naira only payable to Kwararafa University Zenith Bank account number 10112472423 and the bank teller presented to the university bursary for issue of application forms.
For more information you can visit our website on
Joshua I. Sangari